Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

ANZAC day frolicking?

Last post 24-04-2007, 5:21 PM by Rambosambo. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  17-04-2007, 7:45 PM 793

ANZAC day frolicking?

Allo! am just wondering whether there are any plans for ANZAC frivolities on the cards? I'd be keen for some kind of day mission...though this keen-ness depends on whether certain assignments get done by then :)
    Filed under: ,
  •  20-04-2007, 2:06 PM 817 in reply to 793

At the going down of the sun, and in the morning...

I'd be keen to go to the dawn parade - I've never been to one actually (too lazy), so if anyone else is keen? We have to show Jess some of her Kiwi ANZAC heritage! And then I mite go watch the rest of the cricket (world cup semifinal!) if we're not doing too badly...
    Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
  •  23-04-2007, 2:50 PM 829 in reply to 793

Re: ANZAC day frolicking?

Hi,

If I am not helping my friend plant trees I am keen for some sort of day mission. I will know by tomorow. I'm not so sure about the dawn ceremony though... I whent last year and 3 of my friends fainted...

Please keep me uo to date on any plans,

Thanks,

Terra

Filed under:
  •  23-04-2007, 5:51 PM 830 in reply to 793

hey Jen, frivolties on ANZAC day? have some respect young lady! this day is a day for rememberence for the fallen in war. Geez, kids these days, ey, well, back in my day we'd get spanked for saying that....

I think there might be a Wright's Hill Tunnel Mission, check out my thread

Sammy Roo
  •  24-04-2007, 7:07 AM 838 in reply to 830

Hell yeah, tunnels!! Haven't been in them since I was a wee bitty scout!  And don't you worry young lad I'll spend ANZAC day full of respect and rememberance... with a bit of spankworthy frolicking on the side : ) 

Filed under:
  •  24-04-2007, 4:13 PM 866 in reply to 838

Hi,

What is the plan of attack for the tunnels tomorow? May it be possible for me to get a ride out there with some one?

Thanks,

Terra

•  24-04-2007, 5:21 PM 868 in reply to 866

Wright's Hill Tunnels

Here's the plan :

we'll meet at the Hunter carpark at 10.30, those with cars please bring them, and try and be going by 11, I'm on call out so I'll have to take my van, in case I do (hopefully not) get a call out, the directions to get there are below.

What to bring: $5 for entry fee, food etc, good shoes and warm clothes (cos it's damp and friggin cold in the tunnels), maybe a torch. Army general, corporal and lieutenant voices and personas would be great, A game of battleships so we can pretend to plot in the plotting room.

HOW TO GET THERE: 

• Be in Wellington, New Zealand
    • Travel along Karori Road
    • Turn left into Campbell Street, just before the Karori Mall
    • Travel along Campbell Street to Wrights Hill Road, the last road on the right
    • Come up Wrights Hill Road to the top car park
    • The Fortress entrance is on the same level as the car park

(you  will pass the  Teacher 's college on your left and  Ben Burn park on your right as you come up Campbell st, keep going way up the hill  and Wright's Hill road is  4th on your right  past , way up round the bend, go all the way up the hill,  park where  you find the first free space then walk  the rest of the way up.
    Sammy Roo
View as RSS news feed in XML